What is the cost of testing?
The cost of each test, along with applicable CPT billing codes, may be found by scrolling to the bottom of each test description (under “See All Tests”)
How do I find out if my insurance will cover this testing?
You may contact your insurance provider to ask about coverage (or “preauthorization”) for the specific CDL test ordered, or ask us for help in obtaining pre-authorization. They may ask for the CPT code(s), price of the test (see above), our lab’s Federal Tax ID (91-1220843) and/or NPI# (102 304 1159).
The CPDx can file pre-verification/pre-authorization with the insurance company on your behalf. To initiate this service, please ask your provider to complete the CPDx INSURANCE VERIFICATION FORM. Please consult our Billing page for more information
What do you need to bill my insurance?
We ask for a photocopy of the front and back of your insurance card, along with completion of all information in the “Insurance Billing” section of our test requisition form.
What if my insurance denies testing?
If genetic testing through the CDL is denied, your physician may need to submit an appeal letter on your behalf. Here is an example of an APPEAL LETTER OF MEDICAL NECESSITY AFTER DENIAL OF GENETIC TESTING.
Do you offer financial assistance?
In the event a patient is not able to afford testing (or insurance is billed and denies coverage) the Collagen Diagnostic Laboratory offers several options through University of Washington Physicians (UWP), including a monthly payment plan, full pay discounts, and charity care options. Please contact the UWP at 206-543-8606 or 888-234-5464 for more information.
I have Medicare/Medicaid, do you accept that?
Yes, the Collagen Diagnostic Laboratory will bill Medicare and Medicaid directly with the appropriate authorization and enrollment.
What do I need to do to bill Medicare?
Please send a photocopy of the front and back of your Medicare card along with the completed requisition form.
What do I need to do to bill Medicaid?
Listed below are several steps to guide you through the process:
Step 1: Is CDL enrolled with your state Medicaid? Please review the list of CDL’s current Medicaid enrollment.
- If yes, proceed to step 2
- If no, proceed to step 3
Step 2: Is the test covered by state Medicaid? To check if test is covered, provide Medicaid with test name, CPT code, NPI# and Federal Tax ID (see above)
- If yes, proceed to step 2A
- If no, proceed to step 2B
- Step 2A: Is authorization required?
- Yes: Please obtain and submit letter of authorization with sample, Medicaid claims address, copy of card, and letter of necessity from referring physician
- No: Please note this on requisition and provide the items listed above
- Step 2B: If testing is not covered regardless of authorization and you have Medicare or Washington State Medicaid, please contact CDL billing (toll free 888-234-5467) to apply for charity services. If you do not have Medicare or WA State Medicaid, please contact CDL office at email@example.com with a written explanation of why aid is requested.
- Step 2A: Is authorization required?
Step 3: Would the test be covered if CDL was enrolled? To check if test is covered, provide Medicaid with test name, CPT code, NPI# and Federal Tax ID (see above)
- If yes, proceed to step 3A
- If no, proceed to step 3B
- Step 3A: Obtain the appropriate authorization and contact Susan Simon at (206) 520-5618 to arrange enrollment of the CDL into your state Medicaid program
- Step 3B: If testing is not covered regardless of enrollment, please contact the CDL office at firstname.lastname@example.org with a written explanation of why aid is requested.
Testing has been completed and I have a question about my bill, who can I call?
Questions on patient payments are handled by the UWP Call Center, (206) 543-8606 or toll-free 888-234-5467
I still have questions, who can I contact?
Please contact Sheryle Stoddart at (206) 221-1274 or email@example.com with all other billing inquiries.